Thursday, February 19, 2009

Movin' on up!

We are MOVING...again!!!! :) We sold our house back in July (when I was way preggo), and moved into this house temporarily, while we figured out our next move. (Click here for that post).
This house has been great, but it's time to move on...We have had the majority of our stuff in storage in our garage since July, so we are ready to get unpacked and settled for real this time. And we have finally decided to make the move to the 'BURBS! I know, I know...I never thought I'd see the day. Nothing against living in the suburbs at all, I just didn't think it was "us." We have always loved living "in town" (both in Dallas and in Austin) and loved having an older home with "character" and all that comes with that. BUT, having a baby has made us think again...maybe a community pool and fitness center would be fun...maybe it would be cool to have a game room...maybe we should think about schools...maybe we could find neighbors who are just like us...and so on. Oh my, how kids change things ;) We found a neighborhood that has all that and more, so we are taking the plunge!!!!
I sort of feel like we are selling out or something, but I couldn't be happier about it.
We will actually still technically live in the city of Austin, so maybe that helps me accept that we are becoming suburbanites ;)

Here is what our garage currently looks like...


*On the right, you will notice the yellow plastic that is visible through the window. Those are mattresses (sealed in yellow plastic covers)...and yes you can see that from the street. I know our neighbors LOVE how we are classing up the 'hood.

It's a 2-car garage that is pretty much packed floor to ceiling with boxes and furniture...

It's pretty scary out there!

I'd hate to post and not give you any pics of the little one, so here you go...



She is also very excited about the big move!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

yeah! so exciting! I love a new house and all of it's possibilities! I think you will enjoy the amenities of your neighborhood, we do. As much as I look at those "stay at home mommies" and think whatev... I so enjoy being one myself! typical women huh!

Julia Harman said...

I read the title and got falsely excited that maybe you were moving to the BURBS of Dallas! Oh well! You'll love it! Kids definitely do make you rethink things!

Hayley said...

Maybe one day you'll join us in the Dallas burbs! Maybe Allen???? We can hope!

Melinda Linda said...

Confused...are you moving inside Austin or back to Dallas?!?

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

We are staying in Austin...

Juli said...

where are you moving, Paige? I still want to come meet lil Caroline!!!

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

We're moving out to Steiner Ranch. We definitely need to get together! Lunch or dinner sometime soon?