Friday, February 27, 2009

So much to say!

So much to say, so little time...I never know when our interent will or won't be working, so I'd better squeeze in a few updates while i can!!!!

Today is my Papa's 80th birthday! He is a pretty special guy...actually he is a REALLY special guy :) My Papa (and my Mema-my mom's parents) have had a HUGE part in raising me. All of our family vacations growing up consisted of me, my mom, my brother, and my grandparents. We have lots of funny stories from the many roadtrips we took! My Papa also watched us after school each day, and cooked dinner for all of us every night. He is quite the chef! He loves to make up names for the dishes he creates..."By Golly Beans" is a favorite :) Needless to say, my Papa is a character. I am so blessed to have such a close relationship with my grandparents and I am so thankful for everything the y have brought o my life!!! I am also thankful that Caroline is getting know her GGma and GGpa...what a special relationship!!
We love you and wish you the HAPPIEST 80th birthday, Papa/GGpa!!!

We celebrated the big event this past weekend with a B-day luncheon in Dallas. Big props to my mom for organizing a great party :) Here are a few higlights...

Caroline all dressed and ready to party!

Complete with her "Caroline Paige" panties. (thanks, Ginny!)
Hanging out with Daddy during the luncheon.
Uncle Paul brought the birthday boy his cake...with 80 candles!
While we were in town we squeezed in a quick visit with our BFF, Mattie...

I think they thoroughly enjoyed checking each other out...They are getting to be such big girls!

No comments: