We had a great time in Dallas celebrating Thanksgiving this year! We alternate holidays so this year was Thanksgiving with my fam (then we'll have Christmas with the Erickson's).
First, We had a quick visit with Auntie Erin and the Erickson clan...Caroline enjoyed helping Erin hold her beer ;)
First, We had a quick visit with Auntie Erin and the Erickson clan...Caroline enjoyed helping Erin hold her beer ;)
Then we spent the week at Mimi and Pap Al's. There was lots of shopping and eating of course...which I thoroughly enjoyed!
Helping Mimi cook on Thanksgiving Day
And Miss C made at least one trip to the park almost every day!
Walking home with Mimi and Papa Al
She is quite the accomplished rock climber ;)
We had game night with my mom's friends which was a blast...of course I rocked it out at Catch Phrase, Buzz Word, and Outburst. I love games!
We also went and saw The Blind Side, which I highly recommend...such an incredible story, it almost doesn't seem possible that it really happened.
Next up, we headed to my dad and Sherri's lake house at Lake Kiowa. It was great! Once again, Caroline made several trips to the park :) My brother, Justin, built a fire pit, so we sat by the fire all night drinking hot chocolate. So nice to kick back and relax!
Who me?
Between all of our family time, we were privileged enough to attend Eric and Samantha's engagement/housewarming party, which was a blast! Jon also got to go to Jason and Shannon's engagement party, but I was home after my day of "reversals" (see earlier posts). I was sad to miss it :( We are so excited for both sweet couples!
We also squeezed in the Baylor/Tech game at Jerry World. That place is out of control! We tailgated for several hours before, then enjoyed the game itself in a suite! Jon's dad hooked us up with the suite passes, which was WONDERFUL!
Not sure why Jon has crazy eyes in this pic, but it's the only one of the 3 of us I have from the whole week. We were on our way to the game (hence the BU colors)
Not sure why Jon has crazy eyes in this pic, but it's the only one of the 3 of us I have from the whole week. We were on our way to the game (hence the BU colors)





No comments:
Post a Comment