Tuesday, April 28, 2009

8 months old!

Warning! This is another LONG post that will probably bore most of you...but it helps me remember everything :)

Caroline is 8 months old today. As usual, time is going by so fast! I love this stage, though. She is truly HILARIOUS.

Bundled up for a run with Daddy (this was obviously a while back...before the 90 degree weather set in)

She must be the center of attention at all times. If she's in a room full of people she will look at each person and squawk until they pay attention to her. I think the ability to "work the room" is something she definitely got from her daddy.

Here she is running the show at Daddy's office. What a good helper!


She is just beginning to figure out the whole waving thing. My mom really worked hard on it over the weekend...They sat outside and practiced waving at cars as they drove by. Too funny!

She has 4 teeth. All in the front on the bottom. Still no action up top, but I think she is working on a few more, as she is putting anything and everything in her mouth, and really gnawing on her fingers a lot.

She still loves to play with cell phones and remotes, but empty water bottles and keys are quickly becoming the new faves.

She has a fancy new big girl car seat and big girl stroller! This makes life much easier on Mommy ;) She is getting so big and heavy!

She is crawling like a champ, and has gotten much faster. She usually crawls on her hands and knees, but sometimes tries the bear crawl instead.

She has started pulling up on everything...her crib, any and all furniture, boxes, her activity table, cabinets, walls, the fridge, the dog (which Luci loves...not), our legs, you name it! Today, she finally found the stairs. GREEEEEEEAT!

Using Luci to stand up. (and eyeing the bone so intently)

Look what I can do! (her eyes are closed, because she is squealing with delight. She was trying really hard to figure out a way to climb up them)


I'm a BIG girl!

She can also get herself into the sitting position now. I often find her sitting up (or standing) in her crib, which is so funny to me :) She just looks like such a big girl!

Hi Mom!!! I've been waiting for you!!!!
(yes, her room is still blue...hope to get it painted SOON!)


Here is some video of Caroline playing today. It's really long, but she demonstrates some of her new tricks...crawling, pulling up, sitting herself up, etc. I promise that I usually talk to her while we're playing, but in order to spare you from listening to my annoying voice, I tried to stay quiet :)


By the way, we did NOT catch the Swine Flu while we were in Mexico. We are all feeling just fine...thank goodness!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who writes really long posts! I enjoyed reading yours... so at least you know one person doesn't mind! And I know what your talking about with the videos! I can't stand to hear myself either! Glad your both well!

Ginny V said...

I can't believe how big and active she is! She needs to get up here and teach Mattie some lessons :)

Erin said...

She is such a busy bee :) I love the long posts so keep them coming and I am glad you guys catch the swine flu!!!

Jesse and Zach said...

OMG she is getting so big! I love reading your blogs too, so no worries about how long or short they are... I love the updates!!

Walmart Fashionista said...

I love seeing the video of what Caroline is up to these days. Too cute!