We just returned for our much anticipated Babymoon to Mexico :) It was awesome!!! We left Austin on Thursday morning with Caroline in tow. First stop, Dallas. We had a 2 hour layover, which was plenty of time to do the airport hand off to my mom and Alan. This was Caroline's first time to fly! She was a rockstar. Even though it was her naptime, she was happy and made lots of friends on our flight :) I will say, however, that flying with a little one is A LOT of work...whew!
Anyway, the hand off was successful (no tears from Caroline or Mommy) and we were happy to be on our way to Mexico!!
At the hotel, we were greeted with a "Welcome Cocktail" which I loved. What a better way to start vacation???
Here I am enjoying my welcome cocktail while enjoying the view from our room.
The first night was "Fiesta Night" Jon enjoyed the tequila bar...They had all these weird, random flavors of tequila...
We read on the beach, played in the pool, and RELAXED a lot. Oh and did I mention that we had a blast? We LAUGHED a lot, too :)
We never left the resort, except for when Jon had to go to Walmart to buy pants. The restaurant dress code requires pants for men...Jon insisted on packing nothing more than swimsuits and t-shirts of course ;) He did return with these awesome Play del Carmen hats from Walmart, though...
Enjoying dinner the last night.
Thank you to my sweet hubby for making it such a wonderful vacation! Thank you for fetching me food and drinks, for making me laugh, for charming your way into getting us VIP status, for being such a kick-butt bocce ball partner, for hauling all our luggage around, for making friends with random and entertaining foreigners, for constantly slathering me with SPF 50 sunscreen, and most of all for being the only person I can imagine spending my life with! You da' bomb!!!
And of course, many thanks to Mimi, Papa Al, GGma, GGpa, and Uncle Paul for watching Caroline for us :)
More to come on "Camp Caroline" soon ;)





3 comments:
Paige&Jon,What a fun trip for you both! Wish I could have seen Jon in action at the Ideal Man contest.
Love to you both, Aunt Marilyn
I am just SOOO proud of my mom for posting a comment on a blog!!!
Me too!!! We love you Aunt Marilyn and Cousin Erin!!!!
Post a Comment