In honor of our anniversary week, I thought we'd take a trip down memory lane...
How we met...
How we met...
Jon and I both went to Baylor, but we didn't know each other there. It's really kind of weird. We had tons of mutual friends, and went to all the same places (mostly George's and Crickets, of course). Our paths probably crossed a million times! We both graduated in May of 2002, and ultimately moved back in Dallas.
December of 2002, we finally met at a Baylor Young Alumni Happy Hour. We didn't actually talk to each other at the Happy Hour itself, but afterward our groups ended up at the same bar. Jon loves to boast that we technically met at a bar. He also claims that his tractor beam sucked me right in...Ha! When the rest of our friends left, he and I stayed and talked. I remember thinking he was so nice and VERY funny. Of course...such a charmer! We both lived at home with our parents at the time (I was in grad school, and he had just come back from his stint with the Cardinals and gotten his first REAL job ;) Such dorks!
The First Date...
Our first official date was a Wednesday night (about a week after we met)...dinner at Firehouse (on lower Greenville) and drinks after. His credit card got declined at dinner, which was hysterical. He was sooo embarrassed, but it was no big deal. I tried to comfort him by telling him it happens to me all the time, but that probably just scared him more than anything ;) We had a great time, as you can imagine, there is never a shortage of conversation or laughs with Jon :)
The First Date...
Our first official date was a Wednesday night (about a week after we met)...dinner at Firehouse (on lower Greenville) and drinks after. His credit card got declined at dinner, which was hysterical. He was sooo embarrassed, but it was no big deal. I tried to comfort him by telling him it happens to me all the time, but that probably just scared him more than anything ;) We had a great time, as you can imagine, there is never a shortage of conversation or laughs with Jon :)
So let's recap, within the first week of knowing each other, we'd established that we hang out in bars, both live with our parents, and have a history of insufficient funds in our bank accounts...amazing!**
**Disclaimer...In Jon's defense, his credit card mishap was actually a fluke. He is incredibly responsible with his finances. I, on the other hand, have no excuse...
**Disclaimer...In Jon's defense, his credit card mishap was actually a fluke. He is incredibly responsible with his finances. I, on the other hand, have no excuse...
Stayed tuned for tomorrow's installment...The proposal!





9 comments:
hilarious!! you two are so great for each other...happy anniversary!
This is great! It's what you do...I lived at home for the first 5 months after school too. :)
ha ha! Great story! Can't wait to hear the rest of it! Happy Anniversary!
Love the recap. I remember all of it...can't believe it was so long ago, considering you are about to celebrate wedding anniversary number 3!
The credit card story is hilarious! I made Casey come read it, and we were both laughing! Happy Anniversary!
I think I should take credit for y'all meeting since I planned the Baylor Happy Hour!! You were just coming to see me anyway, right?? I remember you calling me the next day saying "so I stayed out talking to this guy Jon..."
Allison, you are totally right...The only reason I went to that Happy Hour was to see you!!!!! I definitely have you to thank :)
That is SO funny! I loved reading about how yall met - and I LOVE the engagement story! Its amazing!!! Oh and the bluebonnet pictures are ADORABLE!
this made me laugh out loud! hilarious.
Post a Comment