Monday, March 23, 2009

On the verge...

We are on the verge of a big change around here...Caroline in motion. She has been rolling and scooting around for a little while now, but her scooting has taken on a whole new meaning the past few days. She is REALLY trying to get herself going. I am just not sure I am ready for that!

She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. She tries to move but falls. Then, she does a move we call "the head plow." This involves her feet and bottom up in the air (a little bit like a bear crawl) but her arms and head on the floor. It looks pretty hilarious, but it seems to be a very effective mode of transportation for her :)

She's up and ready! (mid spit-up...sorry, that's kind of gross...)
So proud of herself!
Here is some video...It's kind of long, but you get to see a little bit of the rocking, falling, and head plowing :) And you get to hear my mom and I cheering her along...

7 comments:

Melinda Linda said...

Gross about the spit up!! Babies don't normally do that, right? :)

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Don't worry Mel, I am sure your baby will never spit up!!! ha ha...

Erin said...

She is SOOO close! I like the videos... it makes me feel like I am experiencing it with you. I know I say it every post, but she is just the cutest thing ever!!!

Misty said...

Hi Jon,
She is so cute. I found your blog on Jamie's page. So is she just now beginning to crawl? I am trying to get an idea of when I can expect my little guy to begin scooting around :) You can check my page out if you want http://misty78.blogspot.com/

The Settlemeyers said...

She's almost there! Connor started crawling at 7 months and boy get ready to move EVERYTHING in site!!

Jesse and Zach said...

She is too sweet. I am sad that the girls didnt get to meet each other over the break, but maybe, hopefully over the summer!!

Unknown said...

Hey Baby Girl...I love your head plow move. I know we haven't met, but I am hoping when we do you can teach me that move! :)