As I sit in Austin without my wife and daughter, they are having "spring break" with family in Dallas, I can't help but wonder what Caroline is thinking. Does she know I'm not there? More importantly, does she miss me? I didn't know how much I would miss a six and a half months old slobber machine, but the truth is that just knowing they aren't 10 minutes away is hard.
Back to the posed question, when do babies know their parents? Although I want to think that Caroline knows who I am based on the fact that she lights up when I get home, I'm not so sure. My doubts stem from the fact that I watch her do the same thing when a "stranger" walks in. Does their brain process actual likes and dislikes or is it simlpy stimulation that pleases them. Maybe she does like me along with everyone else that she looks at. This may seem weird, but I want to know when she will know that I'm her dad.
Deep thoughts with Jon,
Jon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
We miss you, too! I do think she knows you and misses you. You are such a hands-on daddy, and you are very involved. She is COMPLETELY attached to you...Yes, she does like most people, but she ESPECIALLY loves you specifically. I am certain of it! Love you, Paige
I talked to Caroline and she said she missed you!
Post a Comment