Caroline at 21 months...
She has finally mastered opening doors. This is a completely tragic occurrence in my life. I knew this day was coming...now nowhere is safe!
We had our first object up the nose incident. Another inevitable event, I know. It was a fruit snack...well part of one anyway. She looks at me and says "Uh oh! Shoo Shoo Snack a nose." Greeeeat. By the way, we have no idea why she calls fruit snacks "shoo shoo snacks" :)
Not only does she loved sugar packed fruit snacks, but she has recently become obsessed with any kind of sweets...cupcakes, ice cream cones, cake, cookies, etc. I guess its all the birthday parties we have been to lately? Anyway, Daddy brought home this special treat from work...she was delighted!

She has figured out that our names are not just "Mommy" and "Daddy" but also "Paige" and "Jon." She thinks this is HILARIOUS to call us "Daddy Jon" or "Mommy Paige"
She has finally mastered opening doors. This is a completely tragic occurrence in my life. I knew this day was coming...now nowhere is safe!
We had our first object up the nose incident. Another inevitable event, I know. It was a fruit snack...well part of one anyway. She looks at me and says "Uh oh! Shoo Shoo Snack a nose." Greeeeat. By the way, we have no idea why she calls fruit snacks "shoo shoo snacks" :)
Not only does she loved sugar packed fruit snacks, but she has recently become obsessed with any kind of sweets...cupcakes, ice cream cones, cake, cookies, etc. I guess its all the birthday parties we have been to lately? Anyway, Daddy brought home this special treat from work...she was delighted!
She has figured out that our names are not just "Mommy" and "Daddy" but also "Paige" and "Jon." She thinks this is HILARIOUS to call us "Daddy Jon" or "Mommy Paige"
Caroline is really starting to grasp the concept of "First/Then" which is very helpful for managing her endless requests for things. The other day I told her "First, breakfast, Then, Target." and She responded with "Yea Target!!! No breakfast, Mommy!" My girl loves Target of course ;)
She loves to be my "helper" with the laundry. You can just imagine how truly helpful she is ;)
She loves to be my "helper" with the laundry. You can just imagine how truly helpful she is ;)
Jon took a recent business trip to London. She LOVED talking about Daddy's airplane. "Daddy, airplane London." It was so cute :) He brought her back a very jazzy toy airplane, which she adores!
Caroline is (and always has been) ACTIVE. She is such a good girl, but she is very busy. Anything she can be doing that gets out some of that energy is a plus in my book. As seen in a video I posted a while back. We make full use of our entry hall...she loves to run up and down, especially if we chase her. Now we have added a ball to the mix. She runs up and down kicking her ball, yelling "I a soccer girl! I a soccer girl!"
Daddy has been working out a lot lately (and is looking extra lean!) and of course his little sidekick always wants to be a part of anything he does. He has taught her to do squats, push ups, sit ups, and stretches. It is soooooo funny. Must get video of this for SURE.
Caroline can jump and get both feet off the ground. She is quite proud of this and loves to jump ALL the time.
All this working out, soccer-playing, and jumping means she needs lots of extra down time ;) Here she is relaxing on the Boppy pillow catching up with her pal Dora. She is clearly in a trance.
All this working out, soccer-playing, and jumping means she needs lots of extra down time ;) Here she is relaxing on the Boppy pillow catching up with her pal Dora. She is clearly in a trance.
Caroline says the funniest things. I know none of you care, but I don't want to forget these...
- She calls Swiper the Fox (from Dora), "Swiper a Pots"
- When she come up behind me she will tickle me and say "I got me!" instead of I got you.
- She is into "checking things" like the mail, or having me "check" her ears, or check on Miles. All day long I hear the phrase "Check a _____"
- If she wants to bring something with her (like a toy or her cup), she cocks her head to the side and says"Wif you?" Instead of 'with me'
- Caterpillars = "Patterkillers"
- Enchiladas = "Chickaladas"
- Necklace = "Netsick"
And, I will leave with the little gem of story...
Caroline is really into dressing and undressing herself. She is really good at the undressing part. Often when I go get her up from her nap, she has taken off part (or all) of her outfit. The other day, I walk into to find her completey naked, holding her dipaer, saying "Uh oh Diaper! Ewww, Stinky Diaper!" Oh yeah, that's right...poop EVERYWHERE. Smeared all over her, the bed, and everything in it. (Lucky for the Vietti's, they were here visiting and got to witness this glorious sight ;)) She and I have had several chats about it since, and we haven't had any other poopy diaper incidents. She has taken off a wet diaper a couple of other times, but that is (obvisouly) not nearly as gross. Lovely.
Caroline is really into dressing and undressing herself. She is really good at the undressing part. Often when I go get her up from her nap, she has taken off part (or all) of her outfit. The other day, I walk into to find her completey naked, holding her dipaer, saying "Uh oh Diaper! Ewww, Stinky Diaper!" Oh yeah, that's right...poop EVERYWHERE. Smeared all over her, the bed, and everything in it. (Lucky for the Vietti's, they were here visiting and got to witness this glorious sight ;)) She and I have had several chats about it since, and we haven't had any other poopy diaper incidents. She has taken off a wet diaper a couple of other times, but that is (obvisouly) not nearly as gross. Lovely.





1 comment:
I love it! She is getting so big and Miles if too! You have such pretty babies. We are so happy for you and Jon. Hope to see you soon. Miss you!!
Post a Comment