I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going with monthly updates once Caroline turned 1, but there are just so many things I want to remember about this age! So here we go...again :)
Caroline turned 13 months (a week ago), and she is busier than ever!
She runs everywhere, climbs on things, crawls under things, and is just plain ACTIVE.
Under the picnic table at the park. She also loves to get under her picnic table at home.
She still "jibber jabbers" all the time, non stop, really. Her new favorite words are "down" and "more". "Down" means pretty much everything...down, up, or just anything she wants. She says "more" for anything food related. If she is playing and decides she wants a snack, she comes over and says "more" (while signing 'more'...although he sign for 'more' is basically a clap ;)). It's fun to see her initiating. I feel like she is really starting to put it all together! This whole communicating with words thing actually works!
She is still a Daddy's girl, but her affection for Daddy has officially been trumped by her obsession with Luci. Jon and Luci were gone on a hunting trip all weekend, and Caroline really missed her little buddy, Luci! She kept searching for her all over the house. Funny how she woofs, pants, says "dog", "doggy", and "Luci"....but still doesn't say Mommy...SIGH.
Don't let her shirt fool you...Here she is panting at Luci.
(while sporting her new big girl Nikes)
Caroline is quite independent these days. She prefers to eat things that she can hold and take bites of. String cheese, apple slices, etc. She doesn't like it when I tear her food up into small pieces any more. And feeding her with a spoon? Forget about it. For the past couple of months, I could still feed her with a spoon as long as she had her own spoon to hold at the same time. Now, she must do it all by herself. She is actually getting pretty good at it, but it's hard for me because it's MESSY :)
Arms folded, telling us like it is.
She is really into books. She has loved books for a while. Carrying them around, looking at them briefly, but more recently she really enjoys being read to. I mean REALLY enjoys! It's so fun for me, because she is actually still and cuddly...even if just for a moment.
A couple of weeks ago, we were at dinner with friends. The kids were all running around and playing outside, and Caroline was right in the middle of it all. She was running along and a whole entourage of older kids were following right behind her (some friends of ours, others just random kids). The dad of one of the random kids stopped Jon, and said, "You know, I think your daughter has some real leadership potential." Ha!
**keep scrolling down for an update on our other baby ;)**





1 comment:
Check out my blog - I gave you an award.
Post a Comment