Sunday, July 19, 2009

Growing up too fast

Now that Caroline is walking, we bought her first pair of "real" shoes. It was pretty exciting! This afternoon, we headed to the mall (even Daddy came along) and went straight to Stride Rite. They measured her feet and we picked out some cutie patootie white sandals. She was such a big girl! She tried them on and tested them out...success! We bought them and she got to wear them home. Didn't you love that as a kid? Buying new shoes and wearing them out of the store...so fun. Can't believe my baby is walking around in SHOES. So grown up. It's ridiculous.


When we got home, she wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get many good pics, but here's my best attempt at showing off her new kicks...


Check out this action shot...She's so fast, her feet are blurry ;)
These new shoes are awesome!

I'm such a big girl!

We had another milestone event this weekend, too. At C's 9 month check up, the dr. recommended we start brushing her teeth. Of course, I promptly went and bought a cute little baby toothbrush and baby toothpaste. But, sweet Daddy said no. He said I was trying to "grow her up too fast." He just wasn't quite ready to accept that our baby girl was ready to brush her teeth. So we waited...until tonight :)

I think I'm ready, Daddy.

Mommy's helping me.
No worries, I got this.
Jon and I can't get over it. It's like she's turned into a real little person, not just a baby. Sniff, sniff.

7 comments:

The Kuhlmans said...

Very stylish "first" pair of shoes, Mom!

Matt said...

Paige, I love the shoes and the dew! What a big, beautiful girl with her slicked down hair!

The Kennedy's said...

Oh I know it! The whole teeth brushing thing is not very successful in our house. I try but Mr. Independent wants to do it himself. I love C's new shoes. So stinkin' cute!

Ebes said...

The kicks are rad! love them!! and that slick hair do...ha! Totally feel you on the growing up too fast...makes you just stop and try to enjoy the moment before it passes you by. Too cute Paige!

Stephanie said...

I love how she is concentrating when she's walking....so precious. You've really captured some great moments. I am impressed!

I'm hoping the human baby is easier to photograph than our canine babies :)

Unknown said...

Love the shoes!I hope you bought them in every color----sorry Jon.

Erin said...

look at my mom commenting before me... Love the pictures and updates!