Yesterday marked Caroline's 11 month birthday. We are spending the week in Dallas with my mom so we have been having all kinds of fun! I promise to post more on that later.
For now, I'll update you on all the fun things Caroline is doing now at the ripe old age of 11 months...
-She LOVES to sing and dance. If there is any music plying she shakes and sways and throws her hands in the air. She also loves for us to sing to her. She will do some of the motions to Patty Cake, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. And if we ask her is she wants to sing Patty Cake, she starts clapping. Love that!
-Daddy says she has "ninja skills" because she loves to climb on everything. She can climb out of our laps or off of the couch by herself. The other day she climbed on top of our cable box (which is stacked on top of the DVD player on the floor) and just sat there. So strange.
This rocking chair was my dad's when he was a kiddo, and it was in mine and my brothers rooms when we were little. My mom had it recovered to match Caroline's room, and she loves it! She can climb in and out of it and make it rock all by herself!

-Caroline now consistently says, uh-oh ("uh-uh"), daddy ("dah-hee"), moo ("boo"), woof ("mmf"), and sometimes will say up ("uh") and down ("duh"). I have heard "mama" a few times, but she usually calls me daddy, too :) I don't know if it's just the SLP in me or what, but I don't count it as a "word" unless she is saying it very consistently and appropriately. Maybe I am not giving her credit for some of the other "words" she has :)
-She points at everything and says "dat"...Maybe she is asking "What is that?" or Saying "I want that." When she sees a phone, she points to it, then puts her hand to her ear, cocks her head to the side, and says "daddy." Pretty cute. We obviously call (or pretend to call) daddy a lot!
Here she is making calls and doing deals...so important!
-Another really fun thing she loves to do is bang her head on the floor. SWEET! I have read this is completely normal, and everyone I know with kids her age seems to be experiencing the same thing, BUT really...head banging? So dramatic! She typically does it when she is tired and she doesn't get her way. It's kind of disturbing and funny all at the same time. We are doing our best to ignore it :)
I am sure I am forgetting lots of stuff, but we are to visit a farm this morning, so I will have to post more later!!!!
For now, I'll update you on all the fun things Caroline is doing now at the ripe old age of 11 months...
-She LOVES to sing and dance. If there is any music plying she shakes and sways and throws her hands in the air. She also loves for us to sing to her. She will do some of the motions to Patty Cake, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. And if we ask her is she wants to sing Patty Cake, she starts clapping. Love that!
-Daddy says she has "ninja skills" because she loves to climb on everything. She can climb out of our laps or off of the couch by herself. The other day she climbed on top of our cable box (which is stacked on top of the DVD player on the floor) and just sat there. So strange.
This rocking chair was my dad's when he was a kiddo, and it was in mine and my brothers rooms when we were little. My mom had it recovered to match Caroline's room, and she loves it! She can climb in and out of it and make it rock all by herself!
-Caroline now consistently says, uh-oh ("uh-uh"), daddy ("dah-hee"), moo ("boo"), woof ("mmf"), and sometimes will say up ("uh") and down ("duh"). I have heard "mama" a few times, but she usually calls me daddy, too :) I don't know if it's just the SLP in me or what, but I don't count it as a "word" unless she is saying it very consistently and appropriately. Maybe I am not giving her credit for some of the other "words" she has :)
-She points at everything and says "dat"...Maybe she is asking "What is that?" or Saying "I want that." When she sees a phone, she points to it, then puts her hand to her ear, cocks her head to the side, and says "daddy." Pretty cute. We obviously call (or pretend to call) daddy a lot!
Here she is making calls and doing deals...so important!





2 comments:
I am going to need her to work with Mattie on words! Also, I want to go to the farm!!!
paige... you look gorgeous!!! I work right by your mom so hopefully I can see you guys before you head back to Austin. How is Caroline 11 months old?!?!
Post a Comment