Monday, June 15, 2009

The BIG Three-Oh...

Today marks my hubby's 30th birthday...3 decades of Jon Andrew Erickson!
In honor of his 30 years, I want to share 30 fun facts about Jon...

1. Jon was born in St. Louis, MO, and moved to Dallas when he was 6 weeks old.

2. His parents still live in the house that they have lived in since Jon was in 2nd grade.

3. Jon is the youngest of 4 boys. There is a special place in Heaven for my mother-in-law FOR SURE!

4. He is also the tallest of the 4...each on is actually an inch taller than the one before...6'2", 6'3", 6'4", and Jon comes in at 6'5"...He likes to say that his parent were breeders...ha!
The bros...Clark, Bryce, Steven, and Jon


5. His first car was a White Jeep Wrangler. It was his pride and joy, and he still talks about it all the time. He would love to have the exact same one again...not just the same make and model, but the exact actual one that he used to have.

6. There are only 2 foods that Jon won't eat...black olives and mayonnaise. Everything else is fair game :)

7. He doesn't drink cokes (except for the occasional Sprite).

8. Jon has a group of best friends from high school, and they are all still great friends today. It's pretty awesome. They are some of my favorite people too!
The guys at prom 1997
9. He was the senior class president at Richardson High School.

10. His "nemesis" (the girl he beat to win class prez) went on to be on the show The Apprentice with Donald Trump.

11. Jon is a Grill Master. He can grill, smoke, or barbecue just about anything.

12. He walked on the Baylor football team his freshman year. He worked his tail off and earned a scholarship, which is really quite an honor! He played Left Tackle, but started at all positions on the Offensive Line.
#71 in action!

13. He is an amazing brother and friend. He is a great listener and gives wonderful advice. I so admire that quality in him!

14. Jon can fix anything and everything. He really is very handy. And I tell you what...he is also a very proficient lawn maintainer. Our grass always looks perfect :)

15. He is one of the funniest and most quick-witted people you will ever meet. There is never a dull moment with Jon!

16. He signed with the Arizona Cardinals after college. He attended training camp and played in a preseason game!
#69...Hands on his hips, looking VERY important.

17. He has been to Europe 4 times, including the UK, Spain, Sweden, Russia, and Italy.

18. Jon bought is first house at the ripe old age of 24. It was quite a fixer-upper :) But there are some great memories in that house!

19. Everywhere we go, he sees someone he knows. Everywhere! I swear, he is the most social person I have ever met.

20. This man can dance. He really does have some serious rhythm. From 2-stepping to c-walking...he can move!
Getting his groove on at our wedding

21. Have I mentioned that Jon can also cook? Oh yeah! Not only can he cook, but he loves to do it!

22. He has completed 10 sprint triathlons.

23. He is an amazing father. He loves to sing, play, and be completely goofy with Caroline.

24. Jon loves spicy food. The hotter the better...he puts Tabasco on EVERYTHING!

25. Jon loves to listen to all kinds of music, especially rap and country.

26. He loves to watch Food Network...ALL the time.

27. Jon loves to hunt and fish. Anything that involves being outside, in cammo, not showering is pretty much right up his alley.
28. He is an incredible husband...supportive, thoughtful, romantic, and most of all FUN.

29. Jon is SMART. I mean super-duper-never studied for a test until the night before and still got an A-common sense-SAT vocabulary smart.

30. He once owned his own landscaping business... and a very successful one at that!


I love him 30 times more now than when I met him!!!!

Happy 30th, Jon!
I look forward to all the adventures we'll share over the next 30 years!!!

Even though you are old, I still love you ;)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

cute post! I love your creativity! You acutally made me miss my high school days!