Saturday, January 1, 2011

Going Bowling

We had such a great time in Houstin for the Texas Bowl. Big thanks to my mom for watching the kiddos and giving us a little vacay!

The night before the game we went to the Pep Rally and the Letterwinner's Association Celebration. It was really fun to see Jon and his buddies reliving the "glory" days. And fun to see some of the other former players.
(Derek, Luke, Joe, Don, Jon)

I felt a weird mix of excitement but also sadness...So excited for the current players and excited as a fan to see Baylor succeed. But sad for Jon and other former players who worked so hard, but didn't get to experience the same successes. I so wish that he could have had the bowl experience as a player.

Game Day, the weather was TERRIBLE. I mean torrential downpour. So that put a wrench in our plans to tailgate. But never fear, we didn't let it stop our fun :)
(Chad, Danny, Ryan, Joe, Derrick, Jon)

We lost, which was soooo disappointing, but we still had a blast seeing old friends and cheering on the Bears.


Already looking forward to next season...I know it will be even bigger and better!!!






No comments: