I can't help but laugh at how the meaning of Spring Break has changed over the years...This year, we really whooped it up and partied with Mimi (my mom). She was kind enough to spend her week off from work here in Austin with us. She babysat, ran errands with me, helped me move, organize, and decorate the kids' rooms, and more. All the while, battling a cold that she most likely caught from us...We are really generous like that ;) Not exactly much of a vacation for her!!! But, I couldn't have made it through the week without her...THANK YOU Mimi!!!
It wasn't all work and no play...We did manage to squeeze in lots of fun stuff too! Unfortunately I didn't do a very good job of taking pics :(
We took Caroline to the Austin Children's Museum, which she absolutely loved.
Hard at work on the giant lite brite thing.
She got to eat ice cream and hold the cone all by herself.
Mimi had fun little treats and activities each day for Caroline...An Easter egg book with corresponding eggs filled with snacks, a color matching game of mini eggs and baskets, a pink cowgirl hat, a little toy bus that sings, some new blocks, Elmo books, and more! Caroline was so excited to wake up from her nap every afternoon to see what Mimi had in store for her. I am sure this week has been quite a disappointment for her ;) She wakes up asking for Mimi, and sadly...she is stuck with just me.
Mimi also had Easter egg hunting boot camp for Caroline. She practiced hiding and hunting eggs with her. I think Caroline gets the whole idea of finding the eggs and filling her basket, so she can dominate the neighborhood hunt. Let's just hope all this intense training pays off when the big day comes next week...ha ha :)
While it wasn't quite the same as my Spring Breaks spent in South Padre...It was still a great week and I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!!
Mimi also had Easter egg hunting boot camp for Caroline. She practiced hiding and hunting eggs with her. I think Caroline gets the whole idea of finding the eggs and filling her basket, so she can dominate the neighborhood hunt. Let's just hope all this intense training pays off when the big day comes next week...ha ha :)
While it wasn't quite the same as my Spring Breaks spent in South Padre...It was still a great week and I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!!





1 comment:
yay paige what a fun spring break! so flattered i made the blog! let's do another girls night soon! xoxox
Post a Comment