With my mom's help, I was able to get the kids' rooms (pretty much) finished!
Caroline's old room, became
Miles's room. Caroline moved into the room next door. I was worried she might be confused by this, but she didn't miss a beat!
Caroline would love to give you the tour of her new room :)


She graciously gave her old crib to her baby brother, and she is sleeping in the new one.

This bed was mine when I was a little girl! It has a canopy, too, but we are waiting until she is a little bit older before we put that on. Since she hasn't graduated to the big bed yet, I am using it as our changing area (as you can see in the pic)

Rather than buy her a dresser, I got this little cube thing from Target. We have one in our playroom, too. Love it!

Here is Baby
Miles's room (so far).
It still feels a little bare, so I hope to add a few more little decor items here and there.

I decided to fore go the cute puffy bumpers and quilt altogether this time. We ended up taking
Caroline's bumpers off after only a couple of months, and exchanging them for the breathable mesh ones. Although they are not as cute, I have decided that practicality wins with baby #2 :)

The letters spelling out his name are a whole story of their own. I decided I would buy the
unfinished letter from Michael's and paint them myself. I chose red (which in hind sight was random, and a big mistake) I was also determined to hang them with ribbon, since that's what I did for
Caroline's. I wanted them to look cute! Anyway, in the end, they looked ridiculous. The red was too bright, and didn't match anything, and the ribbon looked
girly. So, my mom was generous enough to spring for the
prefinished letters from Pottery Barn :) Thanks Mimi!

These prints are vintage Baylor Football Program covers from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. I found them in a calendar at Whole Foods (of all places?). They were the inspiration for our football themed room.

Found this lamp 50% off at Hobby Lobby, and thought it was perfect!

I sure hope Miles likes football... ;)
6 comments:
I absolutely love both of their rooms!!! I can't wait to meet Mr. Miles. Soon my dear friend. Oh!!! Are you guys going to the game on Friday? Adam and I will be there. Go BEARS!!!
Oh I just love it, Paige! You did a great job! Love Caroline's room and how you used the cube thing from Target. (May have to steal that idea) and Miles's room is adorable.
Very cool! LOVE the BU calendar thing. Wow...creative. We are going to the basketball game on Friday, yall? GO BEARS!!
The rooms are SOOOOOOO cute! Please come decorate my house!!!!
My bet is that Miles will be into theater and the band and not interested in sports at all! hahaha! For the record, I love both rooms, now please put some belly shots up.
yay paige both rooms look fab! you and your mom must have been like hgtv for the week! what fun!
Post a Comment