First things first, The Allergy Update.
We went to the allergist on Thursday, and the news was good (ish). The plan is to eliminate wheat, egg, and peanuts for 3 weeks, and we'll see what happens. He said not to worry about milk/dairy (yea!) for now. I am thankful, because while eliminating wheat and egg is difficult, it's only for 3 weeks, and at least I feel like we are making progress by having a plan. BUT, despite our eliminations...she broke out on Saturday after eating watermelon. Hmmmm...strange. She broke out today after eating banana yogurt. Hmmmmm...yesterday's vanilla yogurt didn't seem to bother her. Anyway, I have a call in to the allergist's office, so we shall see....
On to more exciting things...
We had our first arts and crafts adventure yesterday! I decided we (Caroline) should make some art to hang in the playroom. I got some Crayola "Color Wonder" finger paints, and off we went!
First, she checked it out, and made a few marks on the paper.
Then she threw her paper on the floor. The orange hand was much more interesting.

Her first masterpiece. It's a keeper ;)
I got the "color wonder" stuff, because I figured there would be less mess. The paint itself is clear gel. The color doesn't show up until it touches the special "color wonder" paper, which is cool, but I have 2 "color wonder" complaints....
1) the colors aren't very bright, and 2) Caroline didn't quite grasp that she was making marks on the paper. This could be because she is too little, but I think it had more to do with the fact that she couldn't see the paint on her fingers and then on the paper. While an older kiddo might like the way it magically appears, we don't really have the attention span for such magic :)
BUT, I was very glad there was no mess, so there you go. I think we may venture out to get some REAL finger paints today...yikes!
On to more exciting things...
We had our first arts and crafts adventure yesterday! I decided we (Caroline) should make some art to hang in the playroom. I got some Crayola "Color Wonder" finger paints, and off we went!
First, she checked it out, and made a few marks on the paper.
Her first masterpiece. It's a keeper ;)
I got the "color wonder" stuff, because I figured there would be less mess. The paint itself is clear gel. The color doesn't show up until it touches the special "color wonder" paper, which is cool, but I have 2 "color wonder" complaints....
1) the colors aren't very bright, and 2) Caroline didn't quite grasp that she was making marks on the paper. This could be because she is too little, but I think it had more to do with the fact that she couldn't see the paint on her fingers and then on the paper. While an older kiddo might like the way it magically appears, we don't really have the attention span for such magic :)
BUT, I was very glad there was no mess, so there you go. I think we may venture out to get some REAL finger paints today...yikes!





1 comment:
Love the painting - she's a little Picasso already! Good luck with the "real" fingerpaints. I'm not brave enough yet.
-Monica
Post a Comment