Saturday, December 6, 2008

3 months old! (1 week late)

Sorry for the belated post, but things have been pretty busy around here! Caroline officially turned 3 months old the day after Thanksgiving. It's seriously unbelievable to me. She is getting so big and seems like a real "baby" now....not a newborn any more. She has really started to grow and change so quickly! I think she learns something new every day.

A few things about the littlest Erickson at 3 months...
  • She can roll from her tummy to her back!
  • She laughs (usually at her Daddy) and it's the sweetest sound I have ever heard
  • She has progressed from cooing and gooing to screaming and squealing. It's LOUD and completely hilarious.
  • She still loves to look at her hands and feet, and now she reaches for and grabs onto her feet.
  • She was sleeping through the night (YEA!) but now she's not (BOO!). This has been a bit frustrating, but I know we'll get there again.
  • She reaches for and grabs on to toys, and especially loves her play gym. She will just lay there and talk to the little animals. It's so cute!
  • She has her first cold right now...yuck. Runny nose and a little cough...poor girl!!!
  • She also has eczema and cradle cap...BAD! We just got a prescription cream from the dr, so hopefully it will start to improve soon!

A few recent pics...

Watching Daddy cook...(by the way, he was making some DELICIOUS lettuce wraps...I am so lucky to married to such a chef!)


Yes, she was watching Daddy cook, while sitting in the laundry basket...Daddy's idea of course, but she was defintiely loving it.


Enjoying her new found freedom while napping UN-swaddled. Since we hit a bit of a hiccup in our sleeping through the night, we started experimenting with swaddling vs. not swaddling...no official verdict yet, but she does seem to love sleeping with her hands like this.
Happy 3 months, Caroline! :)


8 comments:

Jesse and Zach said...

I can't believe it has already been 3 months. I love the picture of her in the laundry basket... too cute!

Jamie said...

OH Paige! I hate the back and forth not sleeping through the night. Unfortunatly I am not one of those mom's who can proudly say my child slept through the night at 9 or even 12 weeks! We have been doing the off and on thing for 2 years! Ugh! Makes a mommy tired! We are finally sleeping throught the night... at yes 2 years! Good luck to you both I hope you have better skills than I did! Love the picture in the laundry basket... those daddies and their ideas!

Graham said...

She is so cute! We went through the swaddling vs non swaddling. It can be a challenge. I will think about you! She really is so cute!

Ginny V said...

She is so pretty, and such a big girl! She looks adorable in that laundry basket!

Ebes said...

Oh she is CUTE!

The Kuhlmans said...

Precious pictures - especially the grin in the laundry basket. I'm having fun following Caroline's changes and growth. Keep up the great posting!
-Monica

Erin said...

Look at her kickin it during nap time... she knows how to enjoy herself! Jon would suggest to put her in the laundry basket, but she does look mighty cute in there! :)

Matt said...

I would probably vote for the non-swaddling if she is sleeping like that! What a cute, cute picture!