Since the school year ended back in June, I have been catching up on my reading. Here are some of the book I have read recently...
I have tried to alternate back and forth between light and fun, heavy and serious, and the ever-exciting baby how-to's.
So good. It's a memoir and it definitely reminded me that you never know where someone has come from or what they have been through.
Amazing...This is one of the best books I have ever read. I STRONGLY recommend it! As soon as I finished reaading it, I wanted to start over and read it again! Jon has been teasing me a little because I haven't stopped talking about it since.
I love James Patterson. His books are such quick and easy reads. I am especially fond of this series...The Women's Murder Club (1st to Die, 2nd Chance, etc, etc). The 7th one is out now...I need to pick it up!
My mom gave me this one for Christmas, and I have to be honest, I was not really all that interested in it. I had never heard of it and didn't think much of it. Well, I was mistaken!!!! I read the whole book in one day. It's very interesting, especially for those of you who are familiar with Autism Spectrum Disorders. It's written from the perspective a 15-year-old boy with Autism and it's really fascinating.
Gotta love Nicholas Sparks! His books are always such great mix of sappy love story and tearjerker tragedy. This is another good one from him.There are so many books out there dedicated to baby and their sleeping/eating habits. Of course everyone has opinions and advice regarding the subject! Here are the ones I have read so far...I'll keep all my opinions to myself until I can speak from expereince!!!! :)
Heard lots of great things about this one from friends! Jon has been practicing his swaddling skills and he is already quite an accomplished swaddler :)

This is from the authors who brought us Baby Bargains, which I found quite helpful as a reference during the shopping/registering phase. Hopefully this will be a good reference, too!
This one is so controversial...I couldn't resist. It seems everyone has an opinion about Babywise. Some good, some bad. Like I said, I'll save my opinions until I can speak from experience. I figure every baby is different and every set of parents is different, so there can't be a one size fits all method to this whole parenting thing ;)





2 comments:
We watched the video to Happiest Baby Ever and it does work. Did you get a copy of "What to expect the 1st year" I have 2 copies so if you didn't get one let me know and i'll give you mine.
And yes I really liked Glass Castle as well.
Good for you to read BEFORE baby...i can't even get through 1/6 of the baby books i'm trying to read now!
Hi Paige! It's great to keep up with your life as well. I'm excited for you and Jon (and Caroline). By the way...if you like James Patterson, check out the Alex Cross books! They're fantastic.
Post a Comment