Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rescue Mission to the Zoo

Mimi wanted to plan something extra fun for us to do on our visit. So, she decided to take all of us to the ZOO! Caroline was so completely excited. She was absolutely convinced that we would see "her cousin, Diego" there. And that we would rescue him, because he hurt his foot :)




All dressed and ready on the big day! Did I mention she was excited?




Mimi bought them "zoo outfits" and stuffed animals to get them ready :)




Caroline even had a zoo hat to wear!



Walking in with her buddy, Uncy Paul. So sweet.
We were so excited to have Uncy Paul and his girlfriend, Miss Jen, with us. Luckily, Jen is a zoo expert. She is a teacher, and had just recently taken her kiddos on a field trip to the zoo :)









Miles was there, too. I promise :) He wasn't feeling very good that day (I found out later that he had a double ear infection :( parent of the year, i know)









Feeding the giraffes! Caroline loved them.





Even when they licked her :)



She said the giraffe kissed her because he was thanking her for the lettuce.



We rode the train, which was a little boring. I think we'll skip it next time. BUT, luckily "Diego" was driving our train, so that satisfied Caroline's need to find him. She was relieved to know that his foot was not hurt.




Miles decided he was zooed out...






Caroline and I rode a camel. Her name was Jewel. I was more afraid than Caroline was!



She didn't hesitate at all...just hopped right on!







Whew! The zoo was amazing. We had sooooo much fun and were sooooo worn out. I hadn't been to the Dallas Zoo since I was a kid, and it's so awesome now. I highly recommend it!!! Thanks to Mimi, Uncy Paul, and Miss Jen for such a fun visit!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: