So here are a few of my random thoughts about Motherhood Round 2...
*It's amazing how you forget everything about taking care of a newborn, but then it somehow magically all comes back to you. Little by little I find myself saying, "Oh yeah, I remember this."
*Newborns are delicious. The way they smell, the little noises they make, their soft skin, tiny features. Everything. So sweet and cuddly, and I can't get enough! I am definitely enjoying the newborn phase a lot more this time around. Which leads me to my next thought...
*Newborns are so EASY! With your first, you don't appreciate this fact at all. You are adjusting to the utter shock and stress of having a little person depend on you for everything. Suddenly, your life is not your own anymore, which is overwhelming. I remember thinking it was SO HARD to get anything done with a newborn...ha ha ha! Try getting something done with a toddler!?!? With the second, you are used to your life revolving around them. My life hasn't been my own in 2 years! So it feels so easy...All he does is eat and sleep! I can take him anywhere right now, run errands with him all day long, and actually enjoy a meal out. As long as I nurse him, we are money. No sippy cups or snacks or or whining or toys or bribery or threats of time out. Just nice relaxing outings with a sleeping baby...ahhhhh!
*I find myself being WAY more relaxed this time. But I still check on him often...just to make sure he is still breathing ;)
*Caroline seems like a GIANT. She is suddenly so heavy when I pick her up, her diapers are HUGE (and really disgusting in comparison to his), and she seems so tall! A little over 2 weeks ago, she was my baby, and now she is practically ready for college.
*I love them both SO much. I didn't really worry or doubt that I would love him as much as Caroline, because everyone always says that you will. I just didn't know what that would feel like. To love both of them so unbelievably much and so instantly. It's awesome. I feel so blessed!
*It's amazing how you forget everything about taking care of a newborn, but then it somehow magically all comes back to you. Little by little I find myself saying, "Oh yeah, I remember this."
*Newborns are delicious. The way they smell, the little noises they make, their soft skin, tiny features. Everything. So sweet and cuddly, and I can't get enough! I am definitely enjoying the newborn phase a lot more this time around. Which leads me to my next thought...
*Newborns are so EASY! With your first, you don't appreciate this fact at all. You are adjusting to the utter shock and stress of having a little person depend on you for everything. Suddenly, your life is not your own anymore, which is overwhelming. I remember thinking it was SO HARD to get anything done with a newborn...ha ha ha! Try getting something done with a toddler!?!? With the second, you are used to your life revolving around them. My life hasn't been my own in 2 years! So it feels so easy...All he does is eat and sleep! I can take him anywhere right now, run errands with him all day long, and actually enjoy a meal out. As long as I nurse him, we are money. No sippy cups or snacks or or whining or toys or bribery or threats of time out. Just nice relaxing outings with a sleeping baby...ahhhhh!
*I find myself being WAY more relaxed this time. But I still check on him often...just to make sure he is still breathing ;)
*Caroline seems like a GIANT. She is suddenly so heavy when I pick her up, her diapers are HUGE (and really disgusting in comparison to his), and she seems so tall! A little over 2 weeks ago, she was my baby, and now she is practically ready for college.
*I love them both SO much. I didn't really worry or doubt that I would love him as much as Caroline, because everyone always says that you will. I just didn't know what that would feel like. To love both of them so unbelievably much and so instantly. It's awesome. I feel so blessed!





5 comments:
i agree 100% with all of your thoughts!! hahaha isn't it funny how 1 baby seemed so hard?? i wish i could have the days back w/ sophie as a newborn b/c i think i would cherish them a lot more!! you are right, newborns ARE delicious!! and they grow ENTIRELY too fast!! are you already thinking about #3?? j/k sorta but i was already planning #4 when i was in the hospital still w/ the twins!! babies are kind of addictive!! glad y'all are doing so well.
DITTO!!!!
So, so, so true! You just have no idea until your second one is a toddler how awesome life was with a newborn!! So glad you are enjoying him so much!
This was so encouraging for me to read tonight. :-)
I love this post! It is so true! Glad you are doing well!
Post a Comment