Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Last Days

I have been feeling SUPER emotional the past couple of days (or weeks or months...but whatever ;)). I am excited/anxious/nostalgic/overwhelmed/you name it and I probably feel it. I can't believe we are going to be a family of FOUR! I wanted to do some "extra fun" things with Caroline these last couple of days before all the craziness begins. I am anticipating that this is going to be a challenging transition for all of us, but especially for Caroline. She is definitely NOT used to sharing her Mommy and Daddy!

So, We went to Zilker Park to ride the train.
Caroline enjoyed a snack while we waited to go. She kept saying "I ready! Ready, set go!"

She was excited to give the conductor our tickets
After our train ride, we played at the park

We met Daddy for lunch and had a picnic!
There was lots of exploring.
and some hiking
she loved the "pond pool"
Always Daddy's girl :)

We also went to the grocery store, where we got to ride in a "car cart", got a sticker, AND a Dora balloon. This may not SEEM like fun, but in Caroline's world, this was huge :)

Today, we even treated ourselves to slushies at Sonic, while we got the car washed.

And of course we have read lots of books, sang lots of songs, and played with all of our toys...I keep squeezing in as many hugs and kisses as I can along the way. I know she isn't going anywhere, but I also know that I won't be able to give her 100% of my attention like I usually do.

Now the grandparents have begun to arrive, so Caroline is getting even more attention than ever!

She is going to be SUCH a great big sister, and we are soooooo excited to meet our little guy!

We will keep you posted on tomorrow's events!!!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Thinking about you guys today!

Carly Rodriguez said...

Can't wait to meet my new muse! :)

Shelly said...

I'm so excited for ya'll! Can't wait to see pictures of Miles!

Ebes said...

Whatever as I cry at my desk! Thank you for this post. I was beginning to think I was crazy for feeling the way I feel. It litterally breaks my heart in 2 thinking of dividing my attention in less than 2 weeks. People always tell you it will be okay and the older child will be fine, but the thought of giving enough love to each child is a bit overwhelming. You are such a good mommy and Caroline and MIles are so lucky to have you!! Can't wait to see the pics of your family of 4!!

Dale said...

Can't wait to see the new photos of the family of four. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

the box family said...

this is such a sweet story...just trying to soak up every little kiss before everyone's life changes! here's to a new family of four!