We had our check up today, starting with an ultrasound. As you know, Caroline was breech, and it was at 36 weeks that we found out. SO, I have been nervously anticipating this appt with this pregnancy. Especially the ultrasound!
The verdict? Miles is breech, too. Just like Caroline was...Frank Breech (which is basically like a pike position, butt down with his feet in front of his face.) I just can't believe it!?!?!
Just like with Caroline, we were given the option of scheduling a c-section or attempting to flip him manually. Just like with Caroline, we chose to try the flip. Caroline was flipped successfully, so I am hopeful that Miles will cooperate, too :)
The official name of the procedure if an "External Cephalic Version" (ECV or Version for short). The doctor basically pushes on my tummy (from the outside) until the baby turns all the way around. It HURTS like nothing I have ever felt, but it all happens pretty fast, and if it works I get to avoid the pain and recovery of a c-section. They do the procedure in the hospital so they are ready in case of an emergency or in case I go into labor. We are scheduled to have it done next Wednesday, 4/21.
(You can click here and here to read about my version experience with Caroline.)
Other than being an upside down stinker, Miles is great! He is measuring about a week ahead of schedule. They estimated he was about 6 lbs. 8 oz. already, so they figure he is going to be quite a bit bigger than his sister was! (She was 6 lbs. 14 oz. at birth)
Of course, he has a huge head, too ;)
Because of his position it was hard to get any good pics. In an attempt to capture his sweet face, we got a foot instead :)

He is pretty squished in there, so it's pretty hard to see, but this is his face (on the left side) and the umbilical cord (on the right). You can see his nose and sort of see his eyes.
I am dilated to 1 cm and 40% effaced, so things are progressing!
I feel pretty good. Our bags are (pretty much) packed, and his room is (pretty much) ready for him. We need to get his car seat down from the attic, and then we'll really be set!
The verdict? Miles is breech, too. Just like Caroline was...Frank Breech (which is basically like a pike position, butt down with his feet in front of his face.) I just can't believe it!?!?!
Just like with Caroline, we were given the option of scheduling a c-section or attempting to flip him manually. Just like with Caroline, we chose to try the flip. Caroline was flipped successfully, so I am hopeful that Miles will cooperate, too :)
The official name of the procedure if an "External Cephalic Version" (ECV or Version for short). The doctor basically pushes on my tummy (from the outside) until the baby turns all the way around. It HURTS like nothing I have ever felt, but it all happens pretty fast, and if it works I get to avoid the pain and recovery of a c-section. They do the procedure in the hospital so they are ready in case of an emergency or in case I go into labor. We are scheduled to have it done next Wednesday, 4/21.
(You can click here and here to read about my version experience with Caroline.)
Other than being an upside down stinker, Miles is great! He is measuring about a week ahead of schedule. They estimated he was about 6 lbs. 8 oz. already, so they figure he is going to be quite a bit bigger than his sister was! (She was 6 lbs. 14 oz. at birth)
Of course, he has a huge head, too ;)
Because of his position it was hard to get any good pics. In an attempt to capture his sweet face, we got a foot instead :)

He is pretty squished in there, so it's pretty hard to see, but this is his face (on the left side) and the umbilical cord (on the right). You can see his nose and sort of see his eyes.
I am dilated to 1 cm and 40% effaced, so things are progressing!I feel pretty good. Our bags are (pretty much) packed, and his room is (pretty much) ready for him. We need to get his car seat down from the attic, and then we'll really be set!





2 comments:
Yeah!!! I can't wait to see him. I am guessing that he will be a little Jon, complete with Baylor gear when he pops out. Everything is going to be great, I just know it. Don't worry honey, Thinking about you and the family.
i can't believe he is almost here!!! we will be thinking about you during the procedure...looks like he is true erickson! we love you guys!
Post a Comment