Thursday, September 3, 2009

12 months!

Here is an update(slightly belated) on Caroline at 12 months!

*No more bottles and no more formula! She was getting 4 bottles of formula per day. First, I experimented with formula in a cup (instead of bottle) and it was ok...just ok..not great. Then, last week, I was feeling brave. I just started giving her whole milk in a cup for her 2 feedings in the middle of the day. She didn't skip a beat! Next, I gave her a cup in place of her "wake up" bottle. I saved the best (and trickiest) for last...bedtime. It was a little tougher, but by day 2 she was fine! Aaah....relief!

*She is learning more and more everyday. It amazes me how much she understands! Like a little sponge :) She loves animals, dogs and horses especially. She says either doggie (dah-ee) and horse (ho) if she sees any animal at all. I am pretty sure she says hello, as well. It sounds more like "yo" but that works for me.

*She loves to dance. Seriously loves it. Anytime there is music she starts shaking all around. I have to get some video (believe me I have tried), because it is hilarious!

*She has started shaking and nodding her head all the time. She finds this oh so amusing. I think it's so cute!

*We turned her around to face forward in her car seat. I know, I know, the AAP now recommends waiting til they are 2, BUT our pediatrician suggested turning her around now (yea!). She really likes it, but I LOVE it. I can see her now, so we can talk and sing and dance in the car...way more fun!
Here she is enjoying her very first ride facing the front. I think she was overwhelmed and excited that she could see us. She kept staring at Jon :)


*We have an epi-pen for her now. An epi-pen is a shot of epinephrine that we carry with us at all times in case of a severe anaphylactic reaction. In other words, if she were to accidentally ingest peanuts, her throat might close up. Kinda scary, BUT we don't know for sure that this would even happen. For all we know, she could eat peanuts and have no reaction at all. Of course, I won't test that theory :)

*Stats:
weight: 21 lbs. 12 ox (60th)
height: 29 1/2 in (60th)
head: greater than 97th (still huge ;))

Attacking the camera...

2 comments:

Erin said...

my little pumpkin is so big!!! i cant wait to see her soon and miss you guys!

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

Hey Paige! Are you and Caroline heading to Waco with your hubby for the game?!? Jordan mentioned stopping by his tailgate tomorrow and I wanted to see if y'all are making the trip, too?! If so, I hope to see you there!