Saturday, May 28, 2011

Birthday Boarding...

For my brithday, Jon surprised me with wakeboarding lessons on Lake Austin! He lined up a sitter and arranged everything, then told me the night before. It was such a fun and random surprise :)




Waiting for our instructor to pick us up.






It had been a looooooooong time since I had wakeboarded, but I got right up!




I tried to do a 180 and fell. And tried again and fell. and again, and again...etc. Never quite mastered the whole 180 thing ;)






Jon had never wakeboarded before (that he can remember, although I am sure he has at SOME point! :)) He got right up,too!




Then he showed off ;) Going back in forth accross the wake, getting a little air, and even completing the dreaded 180.




Next, we tried wake surfing. I had never done it bfore, and couldn't quite get the hang of it. Plus the water was FREEZING cold :) Nice expression as I completely bust it...ha ha!




Of course, Jon was like a pro. He did great! I could tell our instructor was impressed :)


What a prefect way to kick off our 10 days of fun in the sun!!!! After our lesson, we headed home to load up the kids and hit the road to the Erickson lake house for Memorial Day weekend. Such fun! (I will post on that as soon as I get some pics:))




























































No comments: