Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We're so "Austin"

We took Caroline for a hike on Sunday afternoon. It seemed like a very "Austin" thing to do :) The weather was quite pleasant and we had a great time! We may or may not have gotten lost on our way back. I would say we did, Jon would say we just"took a wrong turn." Either way, he navigated us back safely...thank goodness. I have a terrible sens of direction...and I mean TERRIBLE. Without Jon, Caroline and I would have been spending the night "Survivor style." :)

C loved her little backpack...Here she is ready to go!
**Yes, she is wearing a bow...Even when hiking, a girl must have the proper accessories :)

The best seat in the house!

She was mesmerized as she peeked over the side to watch the ground.

So mesmerized, in fact, that she conked out about halfway through.
Even mommy enjoyed the hike!
C loves being outside!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you put a bow on Caroline to go hiking!

Tara James said...

Ha Ha.... I'm totally with you about a girl needing her accessories at all times! She's so precious! And good for you for hiking... I think I might need to stay her in DFW b/c I just way too lazy. (=

The Settlemeyers said...

Connor and I went hiking last week and we did get lost. I had to call Josh and have him find us and rescue us. I guess you and I should stick to walking the malls together.

Honeyman 4 said...

It is sooo Austin! Here in The Woodlands I don't think we can call anything a 'true' hike, more a flat walk. Austin is awesome. But we do get lost in the trees here!!

Erin said...

i love the pictures... do you think the next time you guys go on a hike i can be in the pack?!?!

The Kuhlmans said...

What cute pictures! Not only was Caroline prepared with her bow, Mommy was prepared with her camera. Sounds like you guys are ready for "Survivor" if you ask me. I bet you even brought a snack or two!

-Monica

Jamie said...

I love it! We love taking Adie in the hiking pack which we call the "pack, pack". If only they had them for us mom's to be carried! And your right, all outfits no matter the occasion should be completed with a bow!

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

So fun!!! She is too cute in the pack peeking out :). And I love the bow, too. What a fun, fun family outing!!!