New Year's Resolutions...I have them every year, but they never seem to pan out. They almost always include some plan to eat healthier and exercise more. This year is no different...This year's resolution comes in the form of a new workout plan we like to call....Muscle Beach.
Muscle Beach originated when we lived in Dallas. Jon and Andrew (Jon's buddy and our neighbor) used to lift weights in Andrew's garage. They dubbed it Muscle Beach (not sure why...probably because they are just that cool), and the name stuck. Over time, Muscle Beach became more than just a noun, it is a verb as well. For example, They used to say "Are we Muscle Beaching it tomorrow?" or "I am Muscle Beaching." etc...
Our weight bench is also in the garage (along with everything else we own, but that's another post in itself) so Muscle Beach lives on. Every morning, Jon and I do our Muscle Beach work out (push ups, crunches, lunges, squats, and a variety of hand weight exercises) followed by a walk around the neighborhood. So far, it's been really fun! I have been very sore, which just shows how out of shape I am :( We are only a week into our Muscle Beaching, but I figured I'd better post about it now...given my New Year's Resolution track record, I may not last much longer...
Caroline seems to get a kick out of watching her Mommy and Daddy exercising, and as you can imagine it's quite hilarious at times. I will not be posting any pictures of us working out, but I will leave you with a pic of Caroline all bundled up for our walk... 





4 comments:
That hat is too cute! I can't believe I don't have one of those!
Dude, we so need to be muscle beaching it ourselves! Haven't quite figured out where that fits into my day just yet, but need to work on it. Proud of you!
Love the muscle beach term :). And I am very impressed with your routine with the hubby AND little lady! Sounds fun!
Hi Paige - I found your blog through Erin's blog, and I have loved reading it! Caroline is ADORABLE! She is almost exactly 2 months older then my baby, so it is fun to see what I have coming up! Love, Jennie Fontana Adamson
Post a Comment