Our Saturdays typically consist of watching College Football all day long. Yesterday was no different.
We started out by watching College GameDay on ESPN (which was broadcasting from right here in Austin :)) We were pretty excited when Kirk Herbstreit picked Baylor to possibly upset Oklahoma State! Unfortunately that didn't happen, as the Bears lost to the Cowboys. BUT, I have to admit I am happy to see OSU having so much success!!! I come from a long line of Okie State Alum...my mom, dad, grandpa, the list goes on...so if we have to lose, I guess I don't mind losing to them ;)
We were hopeful that even though the Bears couldn't pull off the upset, Mizzou would be able to pull off a win against UT. Jon's brother, Steven, played football at Mizzou, so the Erickson clan always supports the Tigers! Not to mention, despite being Austinites, we are NOT Longhorn Fans. So, we put on our trusty Mizzou t-shirts and heading to our local watering hole to watch the game with some friends! It's actually a pretty sweet set up...they have a huge big screen set up on their patio. It was a beautiful day and we were ready to talk some trash as the only Mizzou fans in the whole place...
Unfortunately, an upset wasn't in the cards for Mizzou either...they lost...big time. SO SAD!

Here we are with our Longhorn-Lovin' friend Philip.
Jon decided the scarecrow was probably a Mizzou fan, too.
For the record, the place we went to watch the game is actually a very family-friendly establishment :) Caroline is at this great age where we can basically take her anywhere, and she just sleeps! We are trying to enjoy it as much as possible, as I am sure the older she gets, the more difficult it will be. For now, she is content in her little carrier wherever we go.





3 comments:
Well, at least it looks like you had a good time!!!
Oh so true! We can hardly take Adie anywhere anymore! She won't sit still and is not happy sitting in her highchair. It doesn't really stop us from trying but it can be pretty frustrating!!! Sorry to hear your bears lost... I don't have great love for them myself but I do know it sucks to have your team loose!
hi...i am jason lary's sister and just came across your blog from looking at other people's blog! so fun! it is so great to see your family! please tell john i said hello! i can't wait to keep up with your blog!
Post a Comment